lichess.org
Donate

Lichess, please!!! 0+0,5 seconds mode

More proof, that people like it:
http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=2a8accb0c93548a1f1922b9883e17500
http://ru.lichess.org/137RlWnx
We played very fast. And from the second time I have found a guy, who agreed to play 30 seconds game! He loses and quit (but it's not quit, because time finishes at 30 seconds, and he just finish a game). But there are still many inconveniences. For example, I need to wait more 30 seconds to officially be a winner. And you need to watch on timer to notice 30 seconds. And you can't play rated games with this mode.
i'm speaking as someone who plays 0+1 and often berserks against the 1600's in the hourly bullets (that is, 30 sec vs 1 minute).
in 1+0 and 0+1, you can still play decent games. but with 30 sec, you are forced to rely on the opponent being cooperative, and if he's aware of the "bullet cheap tricks" then it becomes pretty hard to win even with a 600+ point edge.

more specificallly, the main things that i mean are.. as a bullet player, surely you must know these garbage openings, right?

d4 d5 Bg5!? e6?? Bxd8
d4 g6 Bh6!? Bg7?? Bxg7

and variations of these such as

d4 d5 Nf3 c6 Bg5 e6?? Bxd8
d4 Nf6 Bg5 g6 (guard down, strike!) Bh6!? Bg7?? Bxg7

now well, i am not mad that these openings exist (though i don't play them), in fact in theory i think it's pretty legitimate to play these every once in a while to keep the opponent guessing (so he can't premove the opening comfortably = win time)

one "solution" to this "opening problem", which i often use when playing against unknowns, is to play "safe against anything" openings like e6 Be7 d5 Nbd7 etc.
however, there's also always the possibility of what i call the "surprise antipositional trade", which is when your opponent makes a "bad" trade with the sole purpose of expecting you to premove a non-recapture...

i mean, i realize that these things are exactly what you want, and that you take great pleasure when you manage to do 80 moves in 20 seconds without any serious blunders yourself. but i'm going to be a bit facetious here and say that this crosses an arbitrary barrier of games being "too bad". :D

and in fact, i even want to go further and suggest that you start with 5 seconds in the 0+x games, which is enough to not restrict "playable" openings to a very small subset (though i am not sure how many people feel the same way).
LM Lightsss, yes, you are right: "i realize that these things are exactly what you want". I, of course, feel pleasure when I make 25 moves in one second, but then I see, that I did blunder, and though my opponent has 35 seconds left against my 59, he still can win me. And it makes me sad. By the way, I usually don't use "bullet cheap tricks", but I would like to try this playing.
no one wants this time control other than you and the anonymous unrated users. just save your keyboard some stress and quit posting.
I like your enthusiasm, son. The squeaky wheel gets the grease....

Whoa, lost myself for a minute there.
Yes, that is cool, that I -- son of Cronus -- Zeus, gave the grease and fun to my child -- Dionysus. :)
Another problem - Ping. Even the slightest delay would become relevant in 0+0.5, and although Lichess has some compensation measures, they don't always work and can never be 100% accurate - people will just complain, wherever they are.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.