lichess.org
Donate

Lichess, please!!! 0+0,5 seconds mode

I don't understand anything in site programming, but ok. I will find somebody, who will do it. But then, if that person will write a code, you will accept it (if it will be functioning, of course).
"I don't understand anything in site programming".

Precisely. You can't make difficulty estimations in areas you know nothing about.
sounds like a terrible time manifest to introduce. i hate 1+0 and hyperbullet is not chess. stop trying to luck into a high rating.
i play 0+1 somewhat frequently and i already hate the fact that you start with only 2 seconds, the opening is turned into a luckfest (though maybe that's the point)
Thibault, but there exist 0+1. And it is displayed right in the beginning of the graphic. So 0,5+0 could be also displayed there.
Of course, there are some pitfalls, but I guess, it's much more easier than create atomic chess, for example (that I like). I remember when you created time modes like: 180+180, and many others to the side of very long time. But it's just 0,5+0, only one mode. I just don't understand why it could be so complicated.
I understand, that you have a lot to do else. But I'm just trying to explain reasons in this. I talked about it already a year or two ago, and this theme didn't go.
The reason of 0,5+0 is pre-moves game. You rely on pre-moves. SO you train your intuition very well. It's even helpful for brain. Of course it abolishes combining of variants, but that the point. I met quite often people in 1+0, who also play very fast.
Somebody can make first 20 moves with pre-moves. But such people lose! in 1+0, because there is still a lot of time their opponent has, even though it's 40 against 60 (but with pre-moves you do a lot of mistakes, and even in 0+1 you will lose, if you even have 20 seconds against 3 seconds, but did blunder).
The point of 0,5+0 is that people, who like to do a lot of pre-moves fot playing on time, will usually win in such mode. ANd it will be a competition of intuition -- clear intuition, and experience, and reaction. It will be so funny.
And just one mode, that can be an analog of 0+1 -----> 0,5+0. I don't even care about 0+0,5.
Because 1+0, 1+1, 2+0 for example have analogs ----> 0+2, 0+3, 0+4. But why 0+1 has not? it could be 0,5+0. And pre-moves will be the nature of this mode.
t, sounds like you're the only person who is interested in this.... and there are some very good bullet players who are mentioning things that they don't like about 0+1, like how it relies on luck and premoves - 0+0.5 would only make these things worse. This is also the reason why thibault won't program it - it just won't be popular
mCoombes314, not only luck and premoves, but also intuition, reaction, understanding what your opponent will move.
Anyway, I just see no sense to play a game, where I did 20 premoves and have still 57 seconds, while my opponent has 39, but my position is worse, and he wins. I just don't want to play anymore! this game. (Actually I should have had won all those games, and I don't accept defeat! I won those games! But not officially, because:
1) my opponent expect, that we are playing 1+0.
2) officially I lose).
But if it would be 30 sec, I would win anyway.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.