lichess.org
Donate

2000+ in all variants

2000 koth reached!Tomorrow i will try to go 2000+ at horde by playing 1/2+0.It wont be very hard cause in my previous account I was at horde top 100 and 2100 rating.
2000+horde also achieved!I couldnt wait until tommorow,so i played some games and my current rating is 2003.
Right now I am playing lots of atomic and learning new theory! Hope to reach 1900 today but I have to study a lot so it seems unreachable :( @GreekFlager Congrats!
I wouldn't be so confident about "I can easily achieve my rapid rating in classical":
1. your rapid rating consists only 25 games, that's not really a stable rating.
2. classical is a whole different animal than bullet, blitz and rapid 10:0. what works for you in fast time frames wouldn't necessarily work for you in slow time frame. You can't win by flagging, you will be punished for unsound sacrifices, the opponent actually has time to convert his advantage if he got one and last one - your opponent has time to think about his moves and if he gets into uncomfortable position, he can find the right moves to defend it.

but good luck with your goal.
@orior I actually play seriously when playing these type of games like 20+10 and I feel like the only rating that is true about me is my rapid so if I play my best I should be able to at least reach 2050 if not my rapid rating in Classical!
For me, I reccomend the sicillian as black, as there are some venomous lines gavity created; as white, try to get the Alapin if 1.e4 1...c5 2.c3?! is a good line; if e4 e6 I recommend going for Nc3, Nf3, bb5 and doing the old classical lines of e5/ O-O after ND4. DM me if you need any help in 3 check. That's just my tips, as I'm 2000. :)
If you can get 2000+ in both chess and antichess, the rest are probably less difficult.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.