lichess.org
Donate

2000+ in all variants

I will post here my progress while i am trying to reach 2000+ in all Lichess variants. Any tip you give me is acceptable!
Racing Kings shouldn't be that hard, just learn some opening theory and play well.
@vimun Thanks, I actually dont have a big problem with racing Kings, I am about 1850 but I think I will easily reach 1900, then the trouble begins though. My biggest problem is 3-check since I have 1650... Any tips?
Mostly theory there as well, think it's just a matter of getting used to that variant.
try to play high level players and watch the pro's for 3 check
if you are counting corospondence and clasical you should start now
p.s. corospondence is easy to get a good rating in
UltraBullet (2086) - I am a mouse player and I have put a lot of effort in it. I play like 2150 but I way too often bersek and I lose many times against 1400 and 1500s. I believe that if you have 2150+ in bullet with some practise 2000+ in ultra isnt that hard.
Bullet (2272) - I am aroun 2350 and right now i am way too underrated. With good sharp tactics and some speed it is not hard to get there! I play 1/2+0
Blitz (2055) - I am AGAIN underrated, i play like 2150 when I am serious but most of the times I do not play really carefully and make silly mistakes even against 1500s... :(
Rapid (2177) - I dont play much but I when I play I try my best. If I were a bit more patient I think I could easily reach 2200!
Classical (1871) - Played only 15 games but I believe that you can easily reach your rapid rating with any time control.
Correspondence (1901) I have 2/2 games and I planning on playing a bit more. I believe that I can again easily reach my rapid rating.
CrazyHouse (1857) - Havent played in a long while but I think with hyper and sharp tactics and some basic theory shouldnt be that hard.
Chess960 (2073) - Pretty easy if you have 2000+ in blitz or rapid. Some strategy and it is done!
King of the Hill (1887) - Really annoying but also fun variant where you can either risk it all or play it safe. I used to be better but I havent played in a while.
3Check (1642?) - Probably my worst variant, I cant get over 1700 and I will need to learn a lot of opening theory to get better but I think I will acheive 1900 with some practice!
Antichess (2043) - Probably one of the hardest variants in lichess but it is my main variant. All you need is practice and theory, mostly theory :(
Atomic (1810) - I can get to 1900 but I ve been learning these days a lot of theory so 2000 is achievable with a lot of brain-puzzle and memory.
Horde (2006) - I actually cant play really well this variant but with hyper the job is done just fine.
Racing Kings (1845) - Trying to improve lately by watching lichess TV but 2000 is extremely hard since you have to be in top 100...
Puzzles (2116) - I can get even higher than that but i m having doing these easy puzzles so I wont bother getting to 2200. Achievable for everyone that has 1850+ in blitz and rapid.

P.S. I will try updating this as frequently as I can, grateful to see you come by helping me with my journey. I want to achieve my goal before 2021~!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.