lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:jg777"

463 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Carlsen is afraid#16

@Chesserroo2 said in #15: > Carlson should take this mstch as an opportunity to get his rating above 2900. If he won every game of the match, what would that do to his FIDE rating? Being the first 290…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Are classical players much weaker than blitz/rapid players? If yes, should I stop playing classical?#28

I agree with the motion to not concern yourself with a number, especially if you feel it is inaccurate for any reason, just because it's higher number than you've achieved before. Ratings are more for…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Discrepancy in rating between chess sites, a cheating phenomenon?#8

It has nothing to do with cheaters, it has everything to do with the rating system and player pools. -Jordan

jg777
General Chess Discussion - any one play classical chess?#17

As @Gingersquirrelnuts mentioned there are some leagues formed around 90+30 you can join. I recommend that over informal random pairings. I participated in the first (or second?) edition of the Series…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Chess Buddies?#6

Hi, I’d be happy to introduce you to chess and help you learn the basics to get you on your way. Message me and we’ll set something up, there’s a Lichess studies section here was the audio built in an…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Creation of a free Mentoring platform : would YOU be interested ?#41

@Rockinmi said in #40: > Hi, which club do you belong to? I'd like to take a look. R2GM (Road to Great Mindset). -Jordan

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Creation of a free Mentoring platform : would YOU be interested ?#26

Carlsen is not sharing knowledge with Peter, Peter is his actual coach. Carlsen trains all the time. Kasparov also had a coach for years while he was the best player in the world. They both train(ed) …

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Creation of a free Mentoring platform : would YOU be interested ?#24

@Akbar2thegreat said in #22: > No. If he is highest rated then he certainly doesn't need any training. And not only highest rated, rather all WCs don't need any training as there is no superior title …

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Creation of a free Mentoring platform : would YOU be interested ?#19

There’s more reasons to coach than to get some money. Not everyone cares about the almighty dollar. -Jordan

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Free Chess Coach?#22

What’s your goal with getting a coach, and how long have you played? What are you doing to improve right now? -Jordan

jg777