lichess.org
Donate

No Notifications on games after '125 games in play'

I'm playing 180 corrispondance games at the same time, and just realised I haven't been getting notifications for 55 of those games. They dont show up in 'current games in play' so the last week it's been my turn to move and I had no idea.

I'm sure there's a good reason there's a limit on how many current chess games can be viewed on the same drop down screen.

But is there any way at least games in which its my turn to move can still be top of the list. That way I dont lose games on time that I'm unaware of.

I'm a bit stuck now as I didnt know about the limit and there's 55 games I have to find through my profile of games playing, click them all opening 180 tabs and delete the ones saying 'opponents turn', because theres no way of knowing from the profile page.
It just seems like people only use that 'Games in Play' tab for checking games in which it's their turn to move, and all this space is taken up by games in which you've already moved.

Games in which it's my turn to play that were started after the 125 limit are no longer showing at top of the list and an inacurate number of games in which it's my turn to play are being advertised on the title of the tab.
I've since read others have had the same problem and lost rating points, which is unfortunate, so I'd like to share my temporary fix so others who read this dont get caught out, until this function of the site can be improved.

My temporary fix has been to download a firefox add on called Snap Link Plus (works for chrome too) which enables you to open multiple links on one page into new tabs instantly.

addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/snaplinksplus/

After you've installed, simply go to your Profile page,
Click tab for games 'Playing',
Hold down right click and move curser down and diagonally to hover over all games, and release.

All games will be opened into new tabs, if you're worried about your laptop freezing do half or quarter at a time.

Then it's easy enough to go along closing all tabs which say 'Waiting for opponent' and you'll be just left with games in which it's 'Your turn to play'.

It might sound timeconsuming reading this, but it's actually really fast and simple.
2 provisos I worked out:

1. Most recent games that stop showing up in 'Games in Play' can be found at the bottom of 'Playing' tab. So take total number of games minus 125 and you've got your missing number of games, simply work up from the bottom.

2. Lichess has a 17 page limit on the number of server requests you can push at the same time, so you'll need to open in batches.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.