lichess.org
Donate

I just lost to a 1300...

@Jacob531 Jacob531I do not understand, he's a 1300 and you're a 1500. It is 200 points apart, so what's the problem. I do not think there is much difference between 1300 and 1500 ....
Except that I was a 1644 at some point within the past 48 hours.
Haha best conversation ever "I lost a 1300" and is 1500/1600 xD
I mean I lose against 1800 sometimes too! If they have a good day and play strong and I don't it happens. If I'd lose a 1300, I would maybe kill myself tho, that'd be to much.
just get a girlfriend and your rating will increase
You should respect all players. Not because that is morally the best thing to do, but because it is good for your chess. I try to respect any player. If I see a player here rated 800 (not 1800, i mean, really 800), I'll exercise that assumption and try to respect him as if he were 2000. You are mayb playing below your level because you don't respect them, or you were just distracted. We all have bad moments. I can't play if I am in a bad mood, I just drop anything anywhere, it is sad.
I recommend switching on zen mode. It makes playing chess less rating conscious and stressful. After I tried it, I tend to treat every player as someone who was 200 points above me and surprisingly I started to win more. The problem with playing someone rated much lower is that you tend to lower your guard. Zen mode prevents that.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.