lichess.org
Donate

I just lost to a 1300...

Am I becoming a moron? That was the third loss tonight coming out of a winning position, including two queen drops! I know that I'm not good at chess, but I didn't think I was this stupid. Any advice?
At least I got the chess captcha....makes me feel a little better.
Slow down and take your time. Are you playing too fast and careless?

Maybe hit a bunch of tactics.
You're not stupid. We all blunder. The trick is to blunder less, which is easier said than done.

Call it a day, get some sleep, take a little more care, and you'll be right as rain.
Everyone has off days. Don't play when you're tired, drunk or otherwise mentally compromised. On chess.com, I lost over 200 rating points in one day because I tried to play chess after I'd been surfing all day and lost more than 10 games in a row. Don't get frustrated and definitely don't play chess when you're frustrated. Take your anger out on Stockfish level 1 and come back when you're feeling better.
I just looked at your profile and you have played like over 20 games today. Take some time off maybe review some games, try to understand what is wrong with your thought process and correct it.

A couple weeks ago I started playing way too many games and my rating plummeted like 100 points. So now I am trying to play just a few a night and really make them count. Then I spend a good amount of time reviewing them after.
Yeah, I often start to lose after a whole day of playing chess. When that happens, I just go to sleep and start again tomorrow :)
No need to feel a victim or an idiot when you lose, it is simply not helpful.

Let it go, start again.
Well done to the 1300 for winning. I think it's bad form to complain about losing to lower rated opponents. Just take the loss and don't take anything away from your opponent by making excuses.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.