lichess.org
Donate

cwc 2023?

i love the idea. qualification tournaments would be nice, followed by an elimination bracket sounds like the best way to do it.
So without all the Candidates part I guess... would the winner of this 32 player bracket face BlitzBullet in a final match?
I am not sure if I will attend but it is always fun to follow crazyhouse games. It can be a cup rather than the classical world championship. The Crazyhouse World Cup "cwcup" maybe...
@the-lone-wolf said in #3:
> So without all the Candidates part I guess... would the winner of this 32 player bracket face BlitzBullet in a final match?

I guess, or we do some small Candidates tournament, but yeah that might be a bit much considering the time constraints.

Another option could be to extend the tournament until March (or some other month) 2024?
I think I actually like what Stapler suggested, we could do a single elimination tournament, on the style of the chess World Cup, without it actually being a World Championship or having anything to do with the previous World Championships. 32 spots (6 rounds) and some swiss qualifiers for the spots. (16 qualifiers where the first 2 qualify? to be held at different times to help with the different time zones).

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.