lichess.org
Donate

Why Lichess will always be free.

This was the best birthday gift ever!!!!! THANKS LICHESS FOR CONTINUING TO BE LEGENDARY!!!!!(Article was posted on my birthday)
Just wanna say thanks to every founder, patron etc. etc. that contributes to keep this site going healthy and lively, really thank you all, you are all great!
That's why we love lichess ❤️👍 , a free chess website
https://i.imgur.com/2HhZd2d.jpg
let's all say-

Lichess the best site for everyone forever!
This is my first time posting in these forums after being a regular, free user of Lichess.org for the past 6 years, and an avid fan of the site.

The quality of the site from graphics to general UI and beyond is impeccable. I have small wishes for some graphical features like a raining animation, or certain skins for pieces, some specific alternate game modes like 4-player chess, or swish arrows (potentially numbered or coloured to show move order) ... features I would have gladly paid for... the game already contains so much fantastic content for free. I was glad to read this post, and to see how staggeringly expensive running the site is.

For providing a superior service, for free, and always protecting our data, minds, and stuff from likely abusive mechanisms of capitalism: I've decided to start donating. That makes lichess.org the second charity/non-profit I donate to after Wikipedia.

The number of hours of thrills and fun chess can provide for free due to its hardcore/merciless nature of relying only on skill and knowledge, along with its accessible and customisable time schemes, and tactical depth mean that I have faith in chess as a game that should last many generations to come.

The digital age may endanger chess, although like books, there is a clear yearning in the youth, and your website's role in bringing it to them online is invaluable and precious.

Bless you, Devs and Donors. Vive Lichess!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.