lichess.org
Donate

“My Studies” should be default page when you click studies

This is such a minor criticism, but I think it would make sense if when you clicked studies it took you directly to the “my studies” page as opposed to the “all studies” page. I love the studies feature but I would imagine that most of the time people are checking/working on their own studies.
When you click on "study" from the learn menu in the homepage it is logical that what you get are all the studies published on Lichess.
When you click on "studies" from your own profile it is logical that what you get are your own studies.
Which is what happens now.
@RaisinBranCrunch said in #1:
> This is such a minor criticism, but I think it would make sense if when you clicked studies it took you directly to the “my studies” page as opposed to the “all studies” page. I love the studies feature but I would imagine that most of the time people are checking/working on their own studies.

What about players who don't have studies? But also why do you imagine that most of the time people are checking/working on their own studies?
@Toadofsky said in #3:
> What about players who don't have studies? But also why do you imagine that most of the time people are checking/working on their own studies?
I imagined it only because the study feature seems to be most useful for analyzing games, making opening files, loading FENs to practice stuff. I don’t have data from lichess it just seemed to me that that was likely. Not that people never look for public studies. Even then though if there is a public study I’m interested I’ll usually just clone it if I can do I can add stuff to it.
I mean, on the menu to the left on that page, the first option is "My Studies". I do get the criticism that, well, you have to look for it and by default you're presented with a bunch of random studies of varying quality put out by random people of varying strength. However it's not clear to me that seeing your own studies is the right default.
I agree with OP, you should click on studies to see ur studies, and then on the left tab there should be an "all studies". At least you can get to your own studies from your own profile, which is what Deadban was saying.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.