lichess.org
Donate

I’m 51 years old, always been 1600, how do I become a GM , serious answers only please.

Butt computer! But butt computer can be kind of problematic if you have frequent/explosive bowel movements.
If you were young it would be possible for you to be CM/ if you were "stuck" at 1600. But when you are so old like 51 and stuck at 1600, then it's almost impossible to even achieve CM/GM title. If you where around 40 and 1600 then you would had a chance to achieve one of the lowest titles. Under this circumstances it's 0,0001 percent chance that you could achieve GM title.
BUT you should either focus on to be able to beat/draw those titled players if you have opportunity by over the board or online. And to do that (openingchoices doesnt matter) you must have a certain high accuracy in the game. In general and as a statepoint - under 80% accuracy is bad. Often you must have minimum 90% to draw or beat them.
To be honest with you, 1600 in Fide are not bad because in general 1600 rated ish players have very good understanding for chess. Just be happy with it.
Regards.
@Devil_fish said in #37:
> If you were young it would be possible for you to be CM/ if you were "stuck" at 1600. But when you are so old like 51 and stuck at 1600, then it's almost impossible to even achieve CM/GM title. If you where around 40 and 1600 then you would had a chance to achieve one of the lowest titles. Under this circumstances it's 0,0001 percent chance that you could achieve GM title.
> BUT you should either focus on to be able to beat/draw those titled players if you have opportunity by over the board or online. And to do that (openingchoices doesnt matter) you must have a certain high accuracy in the game. In general and as a statepoint - under 80% accuracy is bad. Often you must have minimum 90% to draw or beat them.
> To be honest with you, 1600 in Fide are not bad because in general 1600 rated ish players have very good understanding for chess. Just be happy with it.
> Regards.

You do understand it was a joke right? xxx
@SimonBirch said in #38:
> You do understand it was a joke right? xxx
I just explaning, because many ppl doesnt know what it really takes to be a titled player. Some are serious, and some are just sarcastic. To be a GM it is like this: polygamist. You cant "read to it" The talent must be there latentely. Either you have it or you dondt. Either you can be member of Mensa or you dondt. Simple!
Polygamist? You’ve totally lost me now lol talent yes I understand I wasn’t a child prodigy xxx

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.