lichess.org
Donate

Congratulations to Ultimate_SHSL_Gamer for 3100!

@tabarjack if the dataset is big enough a strong chessplayer will always be able to distinguish between a bot playing hyperbullet and a human doing so.
interesting how this thread derailed into a cheating discussion :o

as my personal opinion, i agree with @Linnemann. the shorter the time control, the harder it is to cheat without getting caught.
we've seen quite a lot of ultrabullet togglers with weakened engines - it's not a revolutionary idea by any means, and it's also surprisingly uneffective.

it turns out that the problem of how to balance autoplay and humanplay enough in such time controls is quite a difficult one.
we run "the metrics" on all leaderboard players, and i can say with reasonably high confidence that the current bullet and ultrabullet top 10 are clean.

we also have IDs on most top players, including Ultimate_SHSL_Gamer. we believe that he's capable of playing at the level displayed.
@PegasusTheGreat there is, and there is also a mode that tells you the move but you have to move it as a human so all the bot detection for mouse click precision is useless when done that way.
@Rise yes, it is too difficult in (ultra)bullet. Also, this time is not enough for the Bot to reach a sufficient depth, so that a strong player can still outplay it/win it on time. I have seen strong players on chess.com winning like 50 games in a row in 1 min bullet on time against bots by just playing Ke1-f2-e1 stuff, just waiting for the bot to come, which never happened ^^

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.