lichess.org
Donate

Fat Fritz 2 is a rip-off

Guys, you know how advertisements work?

So I suggest taking some legal action if you think CB deserves a punch. I don’t think that they react otherwise.

Actually I am gonna buy the 6 month premium, latest Fritz GUI and this more or less altered version. I prefer this packaged version, probably I will wait for the 25% off day. I am simply lazy, don’t want to tune my graphic cards and so on. Simply a all-in-one package with premium content additionally.
@Sarg0n

I don't think the problem is that it's being sold, it's that they're misrepresenting what is being sold. They're not even crediting Stockfish, given your post number 16, where they're saying "Stocksh". Nor do they link to their complete repository. In none of their advertising materials, do they say it's heavily based off Stockfish or Leela, etc, they simply pretend it's entirely new and theirs.

You're welcome to spend your money as you like but you can't pretend this isn't anything other than completely beyond the commercial pale.
All I understood from this article is FF2 is a rip-off of Lc0.
There are „ligatures“ in the original pdf. A „fi“ put together as one ASCII symbol. That’s why it is missing.
Nice Lichess ! Thanks for expressing your opinion on this.
Open source software should be respected.

A lot of open source software projects work with volunteers, unpaid, and sometimes not getting enough donations (Think about GnuPG a few years ago).
Recently uMatrix was abandoned and Invidious main developer did quit, both spare time related.
For some reason this also does make me think of the years of patent troubles with SCO UNIX, which to me seems like a black page in computer history and a shameful attack on open source projects.
Let's hope that the future will bring more respect and more peaceful cooperation !
Thank you again.
I think this is a complex subject but I do agree that it is wrong that a worse site then lichess and chess.com (barely though for chess.com) to just rip off leela and pretend it's something called "Fat Fritz 2." Just plain wrong for chessbase to do this.
Stock_fi_sh. Okay.

Legal action would be the right thing to do. _Each_ developer of the open source engine sue them for 1200 * 100 USD.

My five pence and thank you for sharing this information.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.