lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:mCoombes314"

981 forum posts
Lichess Feedback - I clicked Draw but didn't get it#3

If your move leads to 3 fold repetition, then what you should do is: click draw offer button THEN make the move which leads to 3fold repetition. AFAIK this results in an automatic draw claim. Otherwis…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Flagging with only 1 minor piece#25

@Akbar2thegreat said in #20: > Even a complete newbie can't play that bad unless bribed. Moreover, he/she would get crushed in the opening. Now try explaining that to a computer. Any FIDE rules involv…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Flagging with only 1 minor piece#13

Good point, I screwed up with the FEN..... but assuming perfect play from both sides when saying "X should automatically be a daw" is still silly IMO. I speak from experience, I've blundered away too …

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Flagging with only 1 minor piece#10

7k/5K1n/3B4/8/8/8/8/8 w - - 0 1 is an example of one such easy win. As soon as there is an exception to the "rule" of "K+minor piece on both sides + draw" the rule is busted. I won't try to guess how …

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Flagging with only 1 minor piece#2

The problem here is: where do you draw the line? Yes, KN vs KB is generally a draw but perfect play should never be assumed. The futility of programming an "arbiter" aside (this has been asked many ti…

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Log out, log in#12

Sounds to me like you're suspecting someone of cheating. If so, use the report form rather than posting here.

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - human vs computer#3

No, as humans get beaten by computers way too often for it to be a contest. The best a human can hope for is to play some drawish openings to increase the likelihood of drawing but that would probably…

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - A real shame.#2

If you think a player is cheating, use the report function. Do not publicise your claim on the forum. Read the Forum Etiquette WHICH IS LITERALLY THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD SEE WHEN POSTING!!!! Not co…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Gaining time in 1+0?#2

IIRC, games which are in progress during an update get extra time given to both players to prevent "I lost this game on time because of the restart!!!" posts. There used to be a message like "white + …

mcoombes314
Game analysis - No time hopeless position but I won#4

What I get from this game is that both players would benefit from practicing checkmating with different pieces.

mcoombes314