lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:jg777"

463 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Creation of a free Mentoring platform : would YOU be interested ?#10

It's a fantastic idea and one I'm presently doing in the Chess.com club I participate in. Not everyone has money for coaching and others may enjoy teaching chess or using it to gain credibility as a c…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - any classical tournament teams?#2

Lichess4545.com community has always been fantastic if you’ve not participated with it yet. Has team and solo options (Lone Wolf). Has either a weekly 45|45 or 30|30 game depending if you join the Tea…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - I need help. After 2 years of studying chess, I have nothing to show for it.#20

Sounds frustrating for sure, let’s see if I can work with you one on one and get you moving in a better trajectory. I’m an adult improver with my own ambitions in chess, so let’s see what we can do fo…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - How is OTB different from online chess?#7

Hi, Some players struggle between 2D and 3D. I am one of those who's played so much online chess over the years I "see" 2D rather than 3D, so OTB takes some adjustment for me and I'm often not looking…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - How to understand a cheater?#18

I don’t waste time trying to understand that which I don’t want to emulate or become. If people want to cheat they can waste their time, I’m focused on improving my game, not securing wins and meaning…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Help, what do you do#11

Hi, I've got multiple examples from today's playing session of mine that shows how to win and lose advantageous positions, so worry not you are not alone in your converting problems! I find it's most …

jg777
General Chess Discussion - help me#18

Hi, I try to learn one new chess idea/concept a day. It could be a tactical pattern, information about pawn structure, an opening idea, or some other thing. If you work on learning something new every…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - I have today reached 1600 rating#6

Congratulations! Very happy to hear of your achievement, onwards and upwards now! :) -Jordan

jg777
General Chess Discussion - Can't improve after 1550#10

Hi! Let’s have a bit of patience here, your studying now may take awhile before you reap the benefits. That said, I’d be happy to meet up with you sometime and go over some games with you. Send me a m…

jg777
General Chess Discussion - What are your daily chess routines?#26

Hi there! Routines are great and daily study will have a cumulative effect over time, so that’s excellent. Your study routine should make sense to you and adjust as you gain skills, and I’d be happy t…

jg777