lichess.org
Donate

Did you hang out at music stores ever?

A friend in junior high told me about a big record store. I walked in there the first time, it seemed half a football field long, with handsome wooden record display shelves. They had interesting punk music playing all the time - which was different from the rock that I listened to. Cultivated my budding interest in classical music at that store later.

@dukedog
Who does that any more? We have YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN and SPOTIFY.
Those were the days, man. Remember buying records there.

B.B.King; Live at Cook County Jail

Stevie Ray Vaughan; his label debut, Texas Flood

Rolling Stones; Tattoo You
If I lived in a bigger place and could afford it, I would start my lp collection over again. It was so fun to read those album covers and inserts.
Do they still exist?

But nope, not really.
From time to time I do go to one inside a department store and check out the music instruments, but thats like twice a year or so.
Over my lifetime, I have had spend time at the record store, to replace my music with the changing playback technology.
From: 45's and 33 1/3 vinyl records - 8 Track tapes. - Cassett Tapes - CD's- But think I like best, to store and play music on my computer. - :]
I still do sometimes. Some good stores in my town with loads of (second hand) vinyl.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.