lichess.org
Donate

How proud should i be of this 0/0/0 game?

Hello guys, i have many times reported players that have played 0/0/0 against me and i usully get a report after a while that they cheated. But this time i got a 0/0/0 in a 15 move games.

Should i be proud of this game or is it easy to get 0/0/0 when the opponent played bad?

When i looked at the computer anylizis it showed that 2 moves that i thought were blunders were computer moves.

5. c5(i thought my black bishop defended my pawn)
12. Kc5 wich i thought lost me pawn before i saw i won a queen.

2rqkb1r/1p3ppp/p3p3/2n5/P1p1Q3/4PP2/1P2N1PP/R1B1K2R w KQk - 1 13
Against worse players it's easier to get low cpls since their mistakes are more obvious.

In this game both my opponent and me did 0 inaccuracies, 0 errors and 0 blunders with a very low average cent. loss ( I had 7 and he had 5). It was a 25-move game against a 1700-1800
I've got several games with 0/0/0 even against opponents of similar strength. There are some quite opening lines after which it is not very hard with some luck. Also note that Stockfish interprets as an inaccuracy the move where you lost at least half a pawn. In my 0/0/0 games I had several moves where I lost ~0.3 pawns, which is also not that good of course.
I haven't been playing chess for long, as such I also assumed I would not be able to achieve a 0/0/0 game. However I recently won against a much higher rated opponent on correspondence. I was sure he was simply not taking the game seriously, until I had a look at the computer analysis after the game and found that i had managed a 0/0/0 game with a lower centipawnlos than my opponent. I guess I spent a lot more time on the game than him in any case, but still, it felt awesome to know that I manage to avoid pitfalls with sufficient time to deliberate. I guess what I can thus contribute here is that it is apparently not improbable to manage such a game though my advice is to be proud in any case ;) I know I am :)
I guess you can always be proud not to make mistakes, but there shouldn't be a correlation between the automatic analysis and the pride you take from a game.

Usually, 0/0/0 means that your opponent played badly and the game was short enough not to give you time to make a mistake of your own. Sometimes it's also means that nothing happened until someone loses on time or blunders. It can also happen that you just already know the game, either it is a trap or you already played the same game or it is a famous game.

Once I taught Morphy's opera game to children and the following days I happened to face the same suspicious opening three times and if my memory is correct on these three games combined, I only made one mistake. Is there really pride to take from that ? I just happened to already know the moves.

I think pride comes mostly from executing good plans or calculating complicating tactics or making good assessment of unbalanced positions or pulling off a brilliant defence and fighting against a tough opposition rather than not making significant mistakes or seeing one move tactics

Also as you pointed out yourself, you can make a good move by accident. Stockfish doesn't know the difference between losing a piece and sacrificing it. Whether you saw why your move is good or not does not make any difference to the engine, but it should make a difference to the pride you take from it.
Computer analysis can not always be trusted.

Error free games are not always error free. I think I saw a game once where a guy played with 0/0/0 and finally resigned when he was down a ton of material in a lost position, and his opponent had more errors than him.
lichess system is not that much accurate as post #9 said even if you play 0-0-0 at very high level, lets say IM level you can be still in dead lost position as i saw some of IM Barthomelow OTB classical games.
For example chesscom analys system is better developed and it will give you better results.
Other thing is that two average rated players lets say lichess 1700 skills plays a game where they pretty much don't hang a piece or pawn but they do nothing really, like they can move pieces and shuffle for 100 moves without a single inaccuracies in closed positions OR they can trade pieces very quickly as above game.. The fact you managed 0-0-0 does not mean you played at GM level chess. Not even close. unless is short 25 move game with lots of theory moves.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.