lichess.org
Donate

Is it cheating for conjoined twins to play?

Is it cheating if you play while sitting next to someone? No. If you confer and assist with the other person then it is cheating.
If they are conjoined at the brain we might have a tricky situation.
Dunno if I would call it cheating, since it is not like covert or hidden or anything.

Theoretically, they could cover one of the conjoined twins with a blanket, so the other player was not aware of his presence, and then it would be cheating.
That's cruel raspberry yoghurt and anyway it would only make whispered advice more concealed.
i'll go up against conjoined twins or midgets any day.

i'm not scared.
Honestly in such an event... Just let them play as a team. They share 1 body so any moves that 1 body makes should be a legal move.

So, if I were an arbiter or tournament director or whatever person in charge I'd allow them to both play moves, but at the same time I would not allow them to talk to the other during play.

Anyways I can't think of any instances where conjoined twins were at Master level.
What about psychics and mind readers? I don't want someone
who knows what moves I'm going to play to have an unfair advantage. Dammit Lichess you need to add a paranormal algorithm to your cheat detection software!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.