lichess.org
Donate

Crazyhouse960 Tournament Spring Invitational 2022 - Final Standings

Hello everyone,

As of today, 2nd October 2022, i can proudly announce that we have finally completed our 6.5 months long journey of this mini Crazyhouse960 Tournament! :) Congrats to @Mugwort for the 1st place, @LegionDestroyer for the 2nd place and FM @Crazy_Eight for the 3rd place! Final standings can be seen here:

https://imgur.com/ApwqJ3x

Link to detailed scoresheet and pairings: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rGd2vHveMtnvIoo4i0W9NxpKPMJUqFEo5rc9SsohoOI/edit#gid=0

Link to the studies containing almost all the games from this tournament (6 games between blunderman and wolf are missing due to lack of space):

Part 1: lichess.org/study/pagj2rGd
Part 2: lichess.org/study/mmn26zDO

Thanks everyone for participating and completing all of their matches once again.
@mugwort @legiondestroyer @crazy_eight @ciw @the-lone-wolf @blunderman1
Hey all! Big thanks for NM @visualdennis for making this tournament possible
It has helped all of the participants enjoy their Crazyhouse & zh960 hobbies much more.

The mini-matches were intense and fun. Honestly - 3+2 felt like a FAST time control due to the complexity of the game, and the fact we had to play different starting positions throughout the event, and figure moves & plans by ourselves.

I truly recommend the two full studies (linked above) - mostly for those who enjoy ZH (/zh960) - and see how the players played and their comments about the games (+ all the amazing "missed-lines" given by Stockfish)

Congrats for @Mugwort & @LegionDestroyer for making top places [and also good luck for both of them in the main CWC Candidates Stage!]

Thanks for everyone else ( @the-lone-wolf , @ciw , @blunderman1 ) for being sportive and completing all of their matches.

I myself also published a public ZH960 Study about my shield games of July 11th, 2022. Feel free to check it out here: lichess.org/study/ELuUxPeQ .

I hope to see you all in the next ones (and hope for more good initiatives) - and in this upcoming zh960 shield arena on PyChess.org [10.10.2022 - next Monday!] :) .

Wish you all the best,
FM Crazy_Eight from Israel

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.