lichess.org
Donate

Problems with Lichess in my opinion

Kids and their cartoons.
lichess should ban gifs. There is nothing that "violates" anyone's freedom by doing so. State in the ToA that General Discussion is for just that. Everywhere this Timid goes, he's posting cartoons. Such examples and it's not a wonder we see topics as the OP suggests.
#1 If you actually believe everything you say, it might make sense to copy the code and try to run your new site like a business. People have certainly tried...
Pretty funny. Everyone unites attack NoLuck, then promptly devolve into attacking each other. Keep it up!
@NoLuckOnlySkill You're being abrasive and precisely because nobody here is paid to be nice to you; as you'd expect on a commercial site, people involved with this project aren't going to put up with it.

Please vote with your feet and go play chess elsewhere -- life is too short for anyone to really care one way or the other. That's the "li" in lichess -- you're free to do what you want -- and you're free to piss off and go complain at chess.com or a myriad of other chess websites.
I can't understand this. This site is completely free and has the best quality I ever seen in a chess site. Also I like the ironic way of the moderators. If they would change their behaviour I would be disappointed. There are tons of things in the world that don't work. Try to fix something that isn't broken is ridiculous.
Eh, I think he was trying to provide constructive feedback, and I think my feedback to him was constructive: there might be opportunity to run a Lichess-like clone as a business with customers, although it's more work than any of us are willing to take on.
@NoLuckOnlySkill

Lol. It wouldn't matter if Lichess was for profit or not.

"if you dont like it get out" is somethin your gonna hear just about anywhere that you decide to get all uppity and entitled.
People have no patience for that.

Beyond all that; this is a chess website.
You dont HAVE to come to the forums.
I give him the benefit of the doubt that he was accidentally trolling and has opinions but fails terribly at communicating. Either way it seems there isn't more to discuss.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.