lichess.org
Donate

Is it wrong to let a Low rated player beat you (in casual) Just to troll

I know a lot of people who aren't very good at chess, and I wanted to check with the Lichess community on this topic.
@GothamScacchi said in #1:
> I know a lot of people who aren't very good at chess, and I wanted to check with the Lichess community on this topic.

Oh, the age-old dilemma! To troll or not to troll? It's a question as profound as the meaning of life itself.

Letting a lower-rated player beat you in casual chess for the lulz is like offering your pet goldfish a game of poker – hilarious for all of five seconds, then just kind of sad and fishy.
Intentionally losing to a lower-rated player for the purpose of trolling may be considered unsportsmanlike behavior. In casual games, it's generally more respectful and enjoyable for both players to compete honestly. Trolling or manipulating results can take away from the spirit of fair play. It's better to engage in games with the intention of having fun and learning from each other, regardless of skill levels.
@WRPeter said in #6:
> @SimonBirch Alekhine played for a draw in this example:
>
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> a
> b
> c
> d
> e
> f
> g
> h
> 1.
> e4
> e5
> 2.
> Nf3
> Nc6
> 3.
> d4
> exd4
> 4.
> Nxd4
> Nf6
> 5.
> Nc3
> Bb4
> 6.
> Nxc6
> bxc6
> 7.
> Bd3
> d5
> 8.
> exd5
> cxd5
> 9.
> O-O
> O-O
> 10.
> Bg5
> Be6
> 11.
> Qf3
> Be7
> 12.
> Rfe1
> h6
> 13.
> Bxh6
> gxh6
> 14.
> Rxe6
> fxe6
> 15.
> Qg3+
> Kh8
> 16.
> Qg6
>
>
> White - Alekhine
> Black - Lasker
> 1/2-1/2
>
> 1914
Don't be so obtuse . He's asking should he let someone win and that is a tunnel no chess player wants to go down...... Did they let me win? it's a black hole. Play chess to win . Every time or everything lost xxx draws fine if you both know what you're doing fair enough but he's talking about losing on purpose which is just totally soooo wrong and against the spirit of chess look what it did to fischer? Did they let me win? Black hole . Play to win ffs xxx
The one time I didn't play to win was against someone else that wasnt playing to win so f***** up their little game. He couldn't understand why he won xxx
@SimonBirch said in #7:
> Don't be so obtuse . He's asking should he let someone win and that is a tunnel no chess player wants to go down...... Did they let me win? it's a black hole. Play chess to win . Every time or everything lost xxx draws fine if you both know what you're doing fair enough but he's talking about losing on purpose which is just totally soooo wrong and against the spirit of chess look what it did to fischer? Did they let me win? Black hole . Play to win ffs xxx
But Alekhine drew on purpose.
You topic title "... Just to troll" reveals your motivation. That's what wrong, your malicious motivation.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.