lichess.org
Donate

Chess 960+. Enjoy all chess variants anew. 100% fun guaranteed.

First of all, I've been aware of the opening books for antichess and atomic ever since it became known on lichess.

We only know theory for *two out of six variants. You make it sound like all 6 variants that we have are completely solved. That is ridiculous.

Here is what Orange Space Drink (~2300 in 3-check) actually said:

"With a solid defense, black can definitely reach the middlegame. I still stand by my statement that *I think*, with perfect play from both sides, 3+ is always a win for white with 1. e4, **but I’m definitely not at that level yet**." Here we have the best 3-check player, far better than the vast majority of players on this site, saying that even he is not good enough to develop theory yet, and that he only *believes* that 1.e4 is always a win, with *perfect*play.

------

By the way, why are we "not touching" or counting 960 itself as a variant? You want to add 5 new, made up variants based on 960....one would think that you'd have respect for the only one that's real.

The best thing that you wrote is a joke about making 960 variant of 960. Nice joke!

I can assume that you have no real arguments to say against the main idea, right?

In this case, I am taking it as your full support of the 960+ implementation on lichess.

Thank you Dionysus!

So after everybody finally agree with the idea, the last thing left is to make a site developers to read this thread and to agree with it too.

Guys, you of course are very busy, but please make this little effort - implement 960+ for variants, make lichess visitors more happy!
I can't tell if you are being factitious or not, but you certainly aren't funny, and frankly you are acting like a troll.
You're making exaggerated and erroneous claims in order to gather support for adding 5 new false variants, and are now delusional enough to have the audacity to claim that I support you?

Again, this idea has been proposed before. If the developers run out of new variants to program (which is unlikely), this could be implemented, but at the moment, it will not happen.
For long time we have no new variants.
New variant is always hard to make.
So this idea have a sense.
Don't worry, lichess already has a list of variants that it is planning to implement or is working on implementing now.
You should know - it is so hard work to implement even 1 variant.

Here we could have 5 new extremely interesting variants in price of 1.

Here the full list of amazing variants:

1. 3-check 960 variant.
2. KOtH 960 variant.
3. Antichess 960 variant.
4. Atomic 960 variant.
5. Horde 960 variant.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.