lichess.org
Donate

Crazyhouse World Championship 2022 begins!

When are games of Losers Round 1 supposed to be completed? I can see there are already matches done of round 3 in the main bracket.
Hello @JannLee and @Thedarkaffliction, sorry for the delay. Had to attend to something and had not opened Lichess for the past few weeks. I currently don't have time for the tournament and would prefer to forfeit, apologies

@JannLee said in #479:
> Round 2, Match 121: @Astavakra vs @Thedarkaffliction
>
> So far @Thedarkaffliction has made an attempt to schedule this match in post #417. Lack of communication from @Astavakra in this forum by Sunday 17th April will result in this match being declared a forfeit in favour of @Thedarkaffliction.
@Deadban said in #501:
> When are games of Losers Round 1 supposed to be completed? I can see there are already matches done of round 3 in the main bracket.

You may find the link below useful, notably the part where it says "Matches certainly can be and are encouraged to be played earlier if possible."

And the short answer to your question is...how long is a piece of string?

What I mean by that is that it makes no sense to set a deadline for the lower bracket until round two of the upper bracket is complete (which it soon will be, one way or another).

Anyway, here's the link lichess.org/forum/team-crazyhouse-world-championship/crazyhouse-world-championship-2022-tournament-schedule-rules-and-guidelines#1
@Deadban said in #504:
> So correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that the tournament is about a month behind schedule.

Ah, so now you change your story!

> I can see there are already matches done of round 3 in the main bracket.
Sorry I don't want to argue over this, mine was just a question.

> Ah, so now you change your story!

As far as I can see in the document you linked the Round 2 of main bracket should have been completed by March 20th. As we can see from the challonge that a few of these matches have not been played yet, and as a consequence some of the pairings of Losers Round 1 have not even been done, I deduced that we are a month behind schedule.
@Deadban said in #506:
> Sorry I don't want to argue over this, mine was just a question.

You mean this?

> So correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that the tournament is about a month behind schedule.

Because, you know, that is not a question...

> As far as I can see in the document you linked the Round 2 of main bracket should have been completed by March 20th. As we can see from the challonge that a few of these matches have not been played yet, and as a consequence some of the pairings of Losers Round 1 have not even been done, I deduced that we are a month behind schedule.

"We", paleface?

"a few" = not all. You yourself pointed out that some round three matches ("Double elim KO round 3: Match is played by 03-April-2022", eleven days ago) have been completed, did you not? The stragglers are going to get binned in a matter of hours, and I don't think that will mean "we"/"the tournament" magically springing forward.
Unfortunately due to demands of life circumstances, I will be withdrawing from the tournament as a player this year. I will however continue to be part of the organiser team and the $2,000 USD prize fund is still guaranteed.
That's unfortunate. Good luck with everything!

Yes indeed we are about a month behind schedule @Deadban but we did start early this year and lateness is in the name of flexibility and remembering it's just a game.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.