lichess.org
Donate

computer analysis

Is it possible to insert computer analysis in the current unrated games u are playing? Sometimes there are situations when u dont know what to do and would like to get some advice and if u can see what AI thinks of your situation i think it would help a lot to improve
No, this won't be happening. You can consult an external engine in unrated games if you really want, but it's frowned upon and your opponent should be made aware that you are doing it.
Personally I believe that against other players it will take the fun right out of the game considering it is not fair play. Especially if both players used it. Than you might as well consider watching AI play against itself. However, the point that it could help you improve still stands. Maybe it would be a possibility to have that opportunity if you play against AI anyways, it would not harm fair play because AI has 'unlimited' knowledge on the most opportune moves.

Another possible improvement I would consider would be that in the computer analysis you get to see which move would be best if you just comitted a major blunder. It doesn't show however why it was a blunder, in other words, what could have happened if the opponent (or yourself) took full advantage of the blunder. I believe that would be very educational for the player who looks up the analysis to improve his chess skills.
Unrated games are not checked for cheating purely because it would be logistically impossible for mods to have such thorough oversight. It is not only frowned upon; ideally, it would not be allowed for unrated games (provided that mutual agreement that one or both players use an engine does not exist). It is impossible to control anonymous players. But all in all, if you want to test an engine please do it on yourself, not unwilling players.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.