lichess.org
Donate

Dropping from 1100 down to 900

Sometimes your rating will go down as you learn better ways to play, but haven't fully incorporated the logic on how to convert your better strategy into a win. Make sure you're checking that you're not missing tactics after the game with a computer, and consider doing some puzzles, or watching some video content to brush up on tactics or opening ideas.

You can quit if you want to, but at the end of the day the only good reason to quit is if you're not having fun anymore. Maybe it'd be better to think of it as a break than quitting.
you know, pushing in rating range +2200 in bullet is REALLY hard, some time ago, i dropped from 2300 to 2180! but well as you can see, i have regained that rating with some extra points. winning is U1600 range is pretty easy, i say
Don't focus on the number too much, try to have fun playing the game! If you improve as a side effect of having fun that's much healthier than fixating on an arbitrary af number loosely defining yer skills :D
<Comment deleted by user>
I am new to chess and have never been that low so I don't know what 900 rating implies, skill wise. Like idk if the moves people make seem reasonable, it could be respectable? Idk, I don't know enough to say if it's alarming. But what I can say is that I just started playing and am hovering around 1700 classical rating (again as a beginner who played less than 10 games in my life) so what I can say is if you're concerned doing better (perhaps doubling your rating in a day or so) is very much possible.

Give up if you don't like chess play if you want to
My advice for Jack.

What you know is a drop, what you don't know is an ocean.

Give chess another try and sooner or later the ocean will run dry.

Sir Isaac 'Bishop1964' Newton.
It's not like you're ever going to become a GM, play for fun you'll never make a career off of this game. If it bothers you that much to lose don't play or play lower rated competition.
stop playing and see if you want to continue. stop for a week or a month.......... if you're put off by a few losses, maybe chess ain't for you.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.