lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:stargazer1966"

32 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - I enjoy chess but actually playing less and less#1

Hi, does anybody else feel like this? I enjoy following tournaments, reading chess books, watching chess videos but when it comes to playing I have less and less enjoyment. Even if I am winning a game…

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - Incredible Fide Master Missed A Mate In 2 Moves!!!!#10

Deadly checkmates? Does that mean they are lethal? Will they kill an opponent? I was pretty nervous completing the CAPTCHA.........

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - eyebrows?#4

Bobby Fischooks?

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - eyebrows?#1

Which one of your eyebrows is better at chess?

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - How long do other variants take to learn?#2

Talking of variants, is there some feature on lichess where one can learn the rules for each or maybe practice them? Some explanation as to what each variant involves would be good.

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - Should you allow tale backs?#6

I have takebacks turned off even for casual games. If I make a mouse slip I just accept it and try to make the best of the situation. I also blunder pieces and expect my opponent to take full advantag…

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - penguin#4

I once had a jacket with invisible lapels.

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - Best Chess Site on the Web! One Insignifcant Question?#11

I definitely thought I was a robot but now I am not so sure.

stargazer1966
General Chess Discussion - Probably a more realistic Elo estimation with only 10 diagrams#18

I did this and got a rating of 1900. Not entirely sure what to make of it though as I think that is far too high!

stargazer1966
Lichess Feedback - game completion#1

How is the game completion rate calculated?

stargazer1966