lichess.org
Donate

Bug with confirm move and draw offers

A few hours ago, I was watching a friend play and he accepted a draw offer, but said it was because he meant to click to confirm his move. We laughed because it was a silly mistake to make. I just played a game where my opponent offered a draw on move 11 (no idea why) and when I went to confirm my move, it accepted the draw! It looks as if the site isn't properly distinguishing the two buttons, even though it's displaying the "confirm move" text.

I realize I can click to decline the draw, but making a move also declines a draw, and the button explicitly says "confirm move", not "accept draw".
I am the friend he is referring to. I didn't realize that there was only the confirm move option shown, but that makes sense in retrospect. It was a very surprising result.
It happened to me recently, too.

en.lichess.org/kN1cnw2xpZKf

My opponent offered a draw. I wanted to decline it, so I tried to make my move, but when I prresed the check mark to confirm my move, the draw offer was accepted in a winning position (for me).

If you're wondering why the pieces are weird, it's because it's a Horde game. (I'm Black, by the way.)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.