lichess.org
Donate

Lucky otb tournament game win, should have lost against 400 Elo lower rated guy!

Yesterday i played an otb game with the black pieces. The opponent was around 400 points lower rated. But even then i wonder what to play against him. I was sure that he plays 1. e4 and then i have some experience in 1... e6 and 1... e5, but i don't trust both of them. After trying the caro cann for around one week i now study and test an opening with 1... d6, but i'm not familiar with all lines.

So the game went:
de.lichess.org/mbcrXYXd#12

The next game i will play against that, i will post my queen's knight more active on c6 and i will try to not blunder my queen.
You did not blunder your Queen. 12 Bg5 Nxe4+ 13 Bxh4 Nxd2 14 Kxd2 is 2 Pawns for a Bishop.
Okay, but it's still a much worse position. I should have seen that before i played 9... Bh4+. Then i would have played 9... Nxf4, getting a positional plus because of the weakened dark squares.
I am not so sure. After 9... Nxf4 10 Qxf4 You have the Bishop's pair, but he is better developed, has one more central pawn and has the open f-file.
IMHO 7...exf4 taking out of the centre and helping him develop was wrong.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.